Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Day 6: Divine Mercy


Monday, March 11, 2013
            Ok, short entry because I am very tired.  We spend this morning at the Divine Mercy Shrine.  There was a light drizzle, but it was beautiful outside.  A sister took us to the basilica and told us about St. Faustina, their order, and the Divine Mercy.  She was so good, very simple and understandable, but also profound and powerful.  After her talk, we went up in the lookout tower.
Talking with Sister
View from the lookout tower
The gift shop...I went a little crazy here...
One of the buildings on the grounds, poster of St. Faustina on the side
            From there, we went and had lunch, did a little shopping, and wandered around the city for a short while.  At lunch, I had a giant bowl of sauerkraut and sausage.  I think I’ve had enough sauerkraut for my whole life!  That stuff is intense, not something to eat in large quantities.  But, it was definitely authentic Polish food, so I was happy.
            During the afternoon, we went and toured the Wawel Castle.  We went through the Cathedral, the royal tombs, bell tower, and museum on a guided tour.  I am too tired to think of great details right now, I apologize.  I’ll try to supplicate this poor entry with pictures!





            We went to Mass at the Divine Mercy chapel at 5pm.  The sisters that belong to the same order as St. Faustina did that live in the convent on the grounds were there too!  So so beautiful.  St. Faustina’s remainsare there in a reliquary under a large Divine Mercy image.  What a blessing to be able to pray there!
            Back at the apartment, fairly early, we all pitched in to make a traditional Polish family dinner and then had a family game night, which was loud and hilarious.  And now I must go to bed or I will fall asleep here at the table.
Making dinner


No comments:

Post a Comment